Zucchini Boats (faux Potato Skins)
Makes: 16 individual servings (one zucchini makes 8)
Per Serving: 64 calories, 1 NET carb, 6 fat, 2 protein
2 Zucchini (fresh)
Optional: jalapeno slices, minced garlic
Coconut Oil/Olive Oil
- Wash Zucchini and cut lengthwise into 2 sides (this will make 16 “servings” – so if you want to just make ½ - making 8 to see if you like them first – cut everything in half)
- Scoop out the insides of both sides (throw out)
- Cut each side into 4 pieces (about 2 inches long each)
- Cover with olive oil/coconut oil and Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes
- Slightly Melt 4 oz cream cheese – stir in 2 tbsp sour cream, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, and if you use garlic and minced jalapeno mix this in as well.
- Remove Zucchini from the oven and top all slices with mixture.
- Place back in the oven for about 5 to 6 more minutes (or until everything looks just melty enough)
- Removed from the oven and top with a dollop of sour cream and the crumbled bacon. If you have chives, slice into small circles and sprinkle over the top of all pieces.