Keto Shrimp Alfredo
Makes 4 servings
3 - 4 Zucchinis (Use a spiralizer to make zoodles)
1/4 cup yellow onion
1/4 cup purple onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
Italian Seasoning ( I use flavorgod)
Garlic lovers seasoning (I use flavorgod)
2 cups heavy cream
1.5 cups shredded cheese (I used Pecorino Romano PDO) https://uncommoneurope.eu
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch salt & pepper
2 lbs shrimp peeled & deveined (try and find tail off if possible!)
8 oz butter (I use Kerrygold)
4 oz cream cheese
1) Roughly chop your onions and spiralizer your zucchini.
Place olive oil in bottom of pan and place garlic, italian spice, zucchini, and onion in pan on medium heat. Stir occasionally until fully Cooked, approx 6 -8 mins.
2) While zucchini cooks, place shrimp in a pot with 1 tbsp butter and cover pan so shrimp steams inside pan. This will only take a few minutes, dont over cook shrimp.
3) Melt 8 oz of butter with minced garlic on medium heat in a sauce pan, approx 2 mins.
Once melted add in the heavy cream and cream cheese.
4) Shred your block of cheese and add 1 cup of shredded cheese to the saucepan and stir continuously. Add salt & pepper and nutmeg (to taste). Sauce will cook approx 5 mins once all ingredients added to the pan. If you want thicker sauce add 1 tsp of xanthan gum, but you shouldn't need it.
5) Assemble dishes...
- Zucchini mix on bottom
- Shrimp on top
- Pour as much sauce as you like over shrimp and zoodles
- sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese
*** Toddler Friendly & Non Keto husband friendly