- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter (use more olive oil for vegan)
- 1/2 apple, (diced into tooth size pieces)
- 1 tbsp mustard seed/grainy mustard
- 1/2 cabbage, about 1 pound, sliced (any color is fine)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar substitute (I use this)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: diced onion
Heat oil and butter in a large skillet or braiser over medium heat.
Add dixed apple (and onion if using) and cook 2 minutes.
Add sliced cabbage and saute 2-3 more minutes.
Add apple cider vinegar and cook, covered, until cabbage is tender, 10-12 minutes. (You can also place ACV on the cabbage in advance in separate bowl before cooking for a stronger taste + less cook time).
Stir in brown sugar and mustard seed/grainy mustard and continue cooking, uncovered and stirring constantly, until liquid has evaporated,.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve!