Creamy Italian Shrimp
Makes 4 Equal Servings
2 tablespoons salted butter
6 cloves garlic, finely diced (or used Minced garlic)
1 pound of shrimp tails off!
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
½ Cup Diced tomato
1 cup of heavy cream
¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
10oz baby spinach leaves (or use a frozen packet - but if using frozen drain off excess water from the cooked spinach before adding!)
3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (thickener)
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning (I use @Flavorgod Italian Zest)
1 tablespoon parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Fry the onion in the butter remaining in the skillet. Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavors.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and almond milk and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Add xanthan gum and continue to stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the Parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and parsley, and stir well.